Common Admission Test (CAT) is an entrance exam to get into 2 year MBA programs at 20 IIMs in India. CAT 2021 is scheduled in November 2021 and the registration process will begin in July. The eligibility for taking CAT exam is 50% marks in graduation, for reserved categories the qualifying marks are relaxed up to 5% check CAT 2021 eligibility & reservation criteria.
CAT Application fees for general & male candidates is INR 2000 + Bank Processing Charge & for other candidates is INR 1000 + Bank Processing Charge.
CAT registration and application form submission is an online process. The candidates can fill CAT application forms online on the official website by creating a login ID. Read below some important points related to CAT 2021 registration process.
- CAT 2021 registration process will take place from first week of August to third week of September
- CAT 2021 registration can be done on the official website of CAT only (iim.cat.ac.in)
- CAT registration cum application fee is Rs 2,000 for General and OBC candidates and Rs 1,000 for SC, ST, PwD candidates
- To apply for CAT 2021, the candidates will have to create a login ID using their mobile phone number and email ID
- Documents such as passport size photo, scanned signature and Category/PwD certificate needs to be uploaded at the time of form filling
- Candidates have to select test city for allotment of CAT test centre in the application form only. They can select up to four cities as preference.
- Candidates have to select IIM courses and IIM campuses of their choice in the CAT form only. Post the declaration of CAT result, candidates can apply to only those IIMs which they select in the application for.
- CAT application fee is to be paid via credit/debit card or internet banking
Once Exam is over and results are declared, the entire admission is done by respective authority through online CAP Round / Admission process, please refer this page for further updates.
No of seats/vacancies
Approximately around 3000+ seats are available for candidates appearing for NATA in 2021 including all IIMs around India.
- The candidate must have cleared bachelor’s programme with minimum 50 per cent aggregate or equivalent CGPA (45 per cent aggregate for SC, ST and PWD/DA category) from a recognised board or university
- The candidate must have completed a professional degree (CA/ CS/ ICWA) with required percentage
- Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification or awaiting result are also eligible to apply for CAT 2021
Exam Syllabus and Pattern
CAT syllabus 2021 can be divided into three sections: Quantitative Ability (QA); Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR) and Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VARC). For better understanding and preparation, the CAT MBA Syllabus 2021 for each section can be divided into subsections.
CAT 2021 SYLLABUS : OVERVIEW
Let’s start with a broad understanding of CAT Syllabus. There are total 100 questions in CAT exam but the three sections in CAT syllabus carry different weightage in the exam. Although the CAT syllabus 2021 is divided in 3 sections, the effective number of sections are five as VARC and DILR sections are further sub-divided into 2 sub sections.
Despite being very wide, the CAT entrance exam syllabus is neither specifically defined nor released by IIMs. Instead, IIMs release an official Mock Test which is as per the forthcoming CAT exam topics and consists of question types which are expected in actual CAT Exam.
SECTIONAL TOPICS IN CAT SYLLABUS
As per last year CAT eligibility criteria, candidates are required to submit the percentage as per their university norms.
No, there is no age bar to appear for CAT 2020.
Candidates belonging to General and NC-OBC category candidates need to pay Rs 2000. Those belonging to reserved category (SC/ ST/ PWD) need to pay Rs 1000.
CAT 2020 online registration has begun from August 5 till September 23. Candidates can use the registration guide and video which will be published on the official website.
Candidates can pay the registration fee while doing CAT registration. Payment of application fee can be done via payment gateway. Candidates will have to use a valid credit or debit card and net banking facility is also available.
If the registration window or website is not accessible for any reason, then close the internet browser (clear cache & cookies, browsing history of the web browser) and try again.
Yes, candidates who are completing their bachelor’s degree by May 2020 are eligible to apply for CAT 2020. However, candidates should select Yes to the question “Are you in the final year of Bachelor’s degree”