About RRB ALP
Railway recruitment board (RRB) conducts RRB ALP and Technician Exam to recruit Assistant Loco Pilot and Technician for different railway zones across the country. This is a national level exam, however, RRB releases vacancy for different zones separately. The exam is being conducted in multiple phases, First Stage CBT, Second Stage CBT, Computer Based Aptitude Test (CBAT) and Document Verification.
There are different regional websites for RRB which will be releasing the Application Forms for RRB ALP across their regions. Candidates will have to fill the forms online. No offline RRB ALP 2021 Application Form will be provided.
Follow the steps given below to apply for RRB ALP 2021 Exam.
- Step 1: First of all, you have to visit the respective RRB website from which you wish to apply.
- Step 2: Upon landing on the page, you will need to click on the notification.
- Step 3: After that, you will need to finish a One-time Registration. For it, you will need to fill your personal information like Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Phone Number, Email ID etc. Then, they will receive an OTP which they need to validate. Post that, you will receive Username and Password which they need to preserve.
- Step 4: In this next step, they will need to fill the application form with their education details and biodata. The candidates will have to upload images of their photograph and signature.
- Step 5: Then the candidates will need to pay the fee for their application form. Post this the candidates will be able to download their application form and keep it safe.
RRB ALP 2021 APPLICATION FEE
SPECIFICATIONS FOR IMAGE UPLOADS
Candidates need to provide the signature and photo upload which has to be in between 15 KB to 40 KB in size. The dimensions of the photo upload should be 35mm x 45mm.
Once Exam is over and results are declared, the entire admission is done by respective authority through online CAP Round / Admission process, please refer this page for further updates.
No of seats/vacancies
For the Recruitment of Junior Associate (Customer Support & Sales), there are a lot of job vacancies this year in various branches of the State Bank of India. As per exam notification, 8000 clerk vacancies will be filled this year
Candidates apply for different the posts through a single application mentioning the order of their preference. In order to apply to RRB ALP, a candidate must fulfil the following eligibility conditions. The aspirants should go through the RRB ALP Qualifications first. If a candidate finds himself/herself eligible for this exam, then he/she can apply for this exam. The detailed eligibility criteria is compiled below:
RRB ALP 2021 ELIGIBILITY – BASED ON NATIONALITY :
(i) A candidate must be either :
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
(ii) A candidate who needs an eligibility certificate can be allowed for the examination but he/she can receive the offer of appointment only after the Government has issued an eligibility certificate to them.
RRB ALP 2021 ELIGIBILITY – BASED ON AGE LIMIT:
The Age Limit for any post of ALP and Technician is from 18-28 years.
RRB AGE RELAXATION FOR DIFFERENT CATEGORIES
|Other Backward Class (OBC)||3 years|
|Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST)||5 years|
|Persons with Disability (PwD)||Unreserved||10 years|
RRB ALP 2021 ELIGIBILITY – BASED ON EDUCATION
- Candidates should have the Educational/Technical qualifications indicated for notified posts from a recognized Institute/University
- Those awaiting results of the final examination of the prescribed educational/technical qualification SHOULD NOT apply.
- Diploma/Degree in Engineering will not be accepted in lieu of a course completed Act Apprenticeship /ITI for the post of Technicians unless otherwise specified.
- Graduate Act Apprentice will not be accepted in lieu of Course Completed Act Apprenticeship (CCAA)
Exam Syllabus and Pattern
Reasoning: Logical Reasoning Questions will contain both Verbal and Non-Verbal Problems based on multiple concepts. Brainstorming will be required while solving these questions.
- Coding & Decoding
- Blood Relations
- Sitting Arrangements
- Series Completion
- Decision Making
- Statement Reasoning
- Mirror Image, Hidden and Embedded Images
- Cubes, Cuboid and Dices
Quantitative Aptitude: The level of questions asked in Quantitative aptitude will be similar to Maths of Class X. Try to memorize all the basic formulas and square & cube roots of numbers upto 30. It will be extremely helpful while solving questions in SBI Clerk Exam.
- Number System
- Roots & Averages
- Surds & Indices
- Profit & Loss
- Ratio & Proportion
- Partner Ship
- Chain Rule
Time & Work
- Pipes & Cisterns
- Time & Distances
- Problems on Trains
- Boats & Streams
- Allegation & Mixtures
- Simple Interest
- Compound Interest
- Stocks & Shares
- Clocks & Algorithms
- Volume& Surface area
- Permutations & Combinations
- Heights & Distances
- Line Graphs
- Bar Graphs
- Pie Charts
English Language: Questions in SBI Clerk English Section will be based on language skills as well as reading and writing skill. Overall, the level of questions will be similar to the elementary level.
- Word formation
- Sentence completion
- Theme Detection
- Deriving Conclusions
- Passage Completion
- Error Detection
- Passage Correction
- Cloze Test
- Sentence Correction
General/Financial Awareness: The questions in this test will be from Current Affairs and Banking and Economy, Insurance. In the current affairs, questions can be asked from
- Recent Appointments
- Awards and Honours
- New Schemes
- National and International News
- Latest Developments in Science and Technology
Computer Ability: Knowledge of Computer Hardware and Software will be asked in Computer Section of SBI Clerk Recruitment Exam.
- Computer Hardware
- Operating System concepts
- Shortcut Keys
- MS Word
- MS Excel
- MS Power Point
- MS Access
- Internet & Networks
- Basic Security Concepts
- Latest Technologies
For the first time, SBI has introduced the sectional timing factor in SBI Clerk Prelims exam pattern. Check out the new exam pattern
SBI CLERK PRELIMS EXAM PATTERN 2019
|Sections||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|English Language||30||30||20 Minutes|
|Numerical Ability||35||35||20 Minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 Minutes|
Some highlights of the changes made in the exam pattern are given below:
- Each section of the Prelims exam will now have a separate time slot (20 Minutes each).
- Also, there will not be any sectional or overall cut-off.
- An adequate number of candidates in each category as decided by the Bank (83010 candidates) will be shortlisted for the Mains Exam from the list of all candidates arranged in descending order of aggregate marks scored.
SBI Clerk Exam Pattern for Mains Exam 2019
|Sections||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|General/ Financial Awareness||50||50||35 Minutes|
|General English||40||40||35 Minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 Minutes|
|Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 Minutes|
|Total||190||200||2 hours 40 Minutes|
There are a total of 8000 vacancies announced by SBI for the requirement of SBI Clerk in 2020.
There is no definite percentage criteria to be eligible for this exam. A candidate who is graduate with any percentage can apply for the SBI Clerk 2020 examination.
There is negative marking of ¼ marks for every wrong answer
Yes, it is mandatory for the candidates to meet SBI clerk cut-off criteria of both the exams. However, SBI clerk prelim score is not taken into consideration for the final selection.
It is not possible to modify an application, but you can resubmit a new application with the correct information.
Candidates can pay the registration fee while doing CAT registration. Payment of application fee can be done via payment gateway. Candidates will have to use a valid credit or debit card and net banking facility is also available.
The application fee for ST/SC/PWD candidates will be Rs. 100 and for all others it will be Rs. 600
Both the preliminary and Mains examination for SBI Clerk 2020 will be conducted online.
As per the official notification released by SBI “No minimum qualifying marks for individual subjects are prescribed”. Thus, there will not be any sectional cut off for this year’s SBI Junior Associates Recruitment’s Online Examinations.
The tests except for the Test of English Language will be available bilingually, i.e. English and Hindi.
SBI Clerk Prelims Exam will be conducted tentatively in the month of June.
Graduation in any discipline from a recognised University or any equivalent qualification recognised as such by the Central Government. Candidates having integrated dual degree(IDD) certificate should ensure that the date of passing the IDD is on or before 01.01.2020
Not below 20 years and not above 28 years as on 01.04.2020, i.e candidates must have been born not earlier than 02.04.1991 and not later than 01.04.1999 (both days inclusive).
Phase I: Prelims Examination
Phase II: Mains Examination
Phase III: Interview