Management Aptitude Test (MAT) is a standardised test being administered since 1988 to facilitate Business Schools (B-Schools) to screen candidates for admission to MBA and allied programmes. Govt. of India, Ministry of HRD approved MAT as a national level test in 2003. Any B-School – national or international – can consider MAT Score as an admission input based on the Score Cards issued to the candidates. The largest test of its kind in the nation, MAT will continue to be your passport to over 600 B-Schools across India.
MAT 2021 Dates: CBT and PBT
MAT 2021 dates were announced on January 5 and registration process began the same day. MAT 2021 CBT was held on February 20. The PBT mode exam was held March 6.
MAT 2021 Dates: IBT
MAT 2021 application forms are available on the official website of AIMA-MAT website. The candidates can fill up the forms to appear in the exam by registering on the official website. Check the MAT application process below.
- Log on to AIMA MAT website
- Click on fresh registration tab OR click here: https://mat.aima.in/feb21/register-online
- Enter name, date of birth, email, mobile number and password
- Select state/UT, click on check boxes and submit
- An OTP will be sent on the registered mobile number
- Verify phone number using the OTP and login to complete the MAT registration
- Enter academic and personal details
- Select exam mode, three test cities and five institutes you wish AIMA to send your MAT score to for admission
- Upload photo and signature in prescribed format
- Make payment of MAT application fee
- Download the copy of duly filled application form after submission
MAT 2021 Registrations: Documents Required
The candidates will need the following documents to fill the MAT application form.
- Image of scanned photograph in jpg/jpeg format. File size should not be less than 40 KB
- Image of scanned signature in jpg/jpeg format. File size should not be less than 10 KB
- Debit/Credit Card/Net Banking/Paytm wallet details
- Educational qualification certificates and proof
MAT Application Fees
Check the table below to know paper-wise MAT 2021 application fee. Fee payment can be done in online mode only through credit/debit card or net banking.
MAT Selection Procedure is determined after the declaration of result and cut off. As per the notification released by All India Management Association (AIMA), MAT Result is scheduled to be released at the end of January 2020. MAT Selection Procedure mainly comprises of two rounds namely Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview or Written Ability Test. MAT 2020 is being conducted in two modes namely Paper Based Test (PBT) and Internet Based Test (CBT).
MAT Selection Procedure is carried out in two parts:
- MAT Counseling
- MAT Selection Procedure
No of seats/vacancies
There are approximately upto 3600+ seats available all over india.
MAT 2021 Exam: Eligibility Criteria
Following are the important points to ensure your MAT 2021 exam Eligibility.
1. The candidate applying for MAT 2021 exam must fulfil one of the following MAT 2021 exam eligibility criteria:
- Completed Bachelor’s degree, or
- Completed professional degree e.g. CA/CS/ICWA, or
- Should be in the final year of Bachelor’s degree
2. The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate would be calculated based on the practice as followed by the respective University/Institution.
3. In case of grades / CGPA, the conversion to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure as certified by the respective University/ institution in accordance with the participating management institute’s eligibility criteria.
4. Mere fulfilment of minimum MAT eligibility criteria will not ensure consideration for short listing by the Management Institute in which the applicant applies for admission
5. The candidates must declare and maintain a valid and unique email account and a phone number throughout the MAT 2021 exam process
6. MAT 2021 eligibility does not impose any age bar to appear in MAT 2021 Feb exam.
Exam Syllabus and Pattern
MAT Syllabus 2021
MAT syllabus is prescribed by AIMA and it is designed to test the MBA aspirant’s analytical and logical aptitude, English comprehension skills and general awareness.
MAT syllabus of IBT, PBT and CBT modes includes five sections – Language Comprehension, Intelligence and Critical Reasoning, Data Analysis and Sufficiency, Mathematical Skills and Indian and Global Environment. Candidates must cover all the topics included in the MAT 2021 syllabus to perform well in the exam. Read all about MAT syllabus below, including section-wise topics, books and preparation tips.
MAT Syllabus 2021: Section-wise weightage
Each section of MAT exam has equal number of questions in MCQ format. Even though Indian and Global Environment section is not included in marks calculation, it has 40 questions. Check the section-wise weightage below.
MAT Exam Pattern: Sectional Details
The difficulty level of MAT exam is usually easy to moderate. Take a look at key details of MAT exam below:
Language Comprehension: This section has two parts Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension. Topics in this section include Verb, Noun, Pronoun, Adjective, Adverb, Antonyms & Synonyms, One Word Substitution, Idioms/Phrases, Vocabulary, Fill in the blanks, Sentence Correction, Para Jumble and Reading Comprehension.
Intelligence & Critical Reasoning: This section carries questions from Analytical and Logical Reasoning topics. Topics include Family Tree, Course of Action, Arrangement, Pie Chart, Calendars, Statement Conclusions, Strong Arguments and Weak Arguments, Puzzles, Series, Blood Relations, Coding & Decoding, Visual Reasoning, Syllogisms and Graphs.
Data Analysis & Data Sufficiency: This section is divided into two parts – Data Analysis and Data Sufficiency. Topics in this section include Line Graph, Bar Graph, Caselet, Pie Chart, Data Comparison, Quantitative Comparison and Data Sufficiency.
Mathematical Skills: The Mathematical Skills section is what is known as Quantitative Aptitude in other MBA entrance exams. In this section, questions are asked from various topics of Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Mensuration and Modern Maths.
Indian & Global Environment: The Indian & Global Environment or GK section includes questions from Current Affairs and static GK. Although this section carries 40 marks, it is not counted to determine candidate’s MAT score and percentile.
MAT Exam Pattern 2021
MAT IBT exam refers to an Internet Based Test. In this mode, the candidates do not have to visit the exam centre to take the exam. The exam authorities remotely proctor as the candidates take the exam from home or any other convenient location.
MAT IBT exam fees is Rs 1,650 to be paid online at the time of application submission via credit/debit card or net banking.
No, AIMA has not scrapped MAT CBT and PBT mode exams. It cancelled these mode of exams for May 2020 session only. The schedule of PBT exam has been announced for September.
MAT application process is online. Aspirants can apply for MAT by registering on the AIMA-MAT website. Registration process for August-September IBT and September PBT is currently underway.
The eligibility criteria to appear for MAT is graduation in any stream from a recognized university. Final year candidates can also apply for MAT.
MAT is a speed based test in which candidates have to solve 200 MCQs in 2.5 hours. The total marks of the test is 200. The question paper is divided into five sections Language Comprehension, Data Analysis and Sufficiency, Mathematical Skills, Intelligence and Critical Reasoning and Indian and Global Environment.
MAT fees for all candidates are the same. The applicant has to pay Rs 1,650 for single mode (IBT or CBT or PBT) and Rs 2,750 for two modes (CBT or PBT).