About MH LAW-CET
MHCET Law or Maharashtra Common Entrance Test for Law is a national level exam conducted by the Directorate of Higher Education, Maharashtra for admissions to law courses offered at the law colleges of the state. Through the entrance exam, law aspirants are shortlisted for admissions to more than 10,000 seats of Five-year LLB courses offered at 120 law colleges.
MHCET Law exam dates 2021 have not been announced yet. However, the MHCET Law exam schedule for admissions to five-year LLB as well as three-year LLB courses will be announced soon.
Step 1: Registration
On the official website of Directorate of Higher Education (DHE), Maharashtra and click on the “MAH-5 Year LLB registration link” or MAH-3years LLB registration link.
- Thereafter, candidates need to enter their details such as name, email ID, mobile number and other contact information.
- On submitting these details, candidates are sent their provisional registration number which candidates need to save and keep for future reference.
- Further, candidates are sent their application number as well as password on the email ID and mobile number provided by them.
Step 2: Fill the Application Form
- Next, candidates need to login on DHE’s official website using the application number and password provided to them.
- They need to provide their details such as their father’s/ husband’s name, correspondence address as well as educational details such as certificates/ mark sheets for SSC/ HSC/ Convocation/ Degree or equivalent degree.
- After filling all these details candidates need to click on ‘Validate your details’ link and after checking all the details provided by them they need to click on the ‘Save’ and ‘Next’ tab
Step 3: Upload Photo & Signature
Candidates need to then upload scanned copies of their signature and photograph. The signature needs to be done with a black ink pen on a white paper.
Step 4: Pay the Application Fee
Candidates can pay the application fee for MHCET law admissions through Credit Card/ Debit Card (RuPay/ Visa/ Maestro/ MasterCard), IMPS, Cash Cards, Mobile Wallets or NetBanking. The application fee to be paid by candidates of each category is as under:
Step 5: Submit the Application Form
- Once candidates submit the application fee they will be provided with an e-receipt informing about the payment received from their end.
- Candidates are advised to take a clear print of this e-receipt of application fee payment.
- After this, candidates can preview the information provided by them and once they are sure that all the information fields are correctly filled they have to click on ‘Final Submit’ button.
- On completing this step the application process for MHCET Law 2021 is complete.
Once Exam is over and results are declared, the entire admission is done by respective authority through online CAP Round / Admission process, please refer this page for further updates.
No of seats/vacancies
For the Recruitment of Junior Associate (Customer Support & Sales), there are a lot of job vacancies this year in various branches of the State Bank of India. As per exam notification, 8000 clerk vacancies will be filled this year
MH CET Law Eligibility Criteria regarding nationality, domicile, educational qualification and age limit is described below:
- A candidate should be an Indian national.
- Candidates with Maharashtra domicile will be eligible for 85% seats in the law colleges
- Only 15% seats will be reserved for Outside Maharashtra candidates.
There is no age limit applicable in either 3-year or 5-year LLB Program.
LLB (5 years) course
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam from any recognized board.
- Applicants must have 45% marks in the qualifying exam, however, reserved category candidates should have 40% marks.
LLB (3 years) course
- Candidates must possess a graduation degree in any stream from any recognized university.
- General and reserved category candidates must have 45% and 40% marks in the qualifying exam respectively.
Exam Syllabus and Pattern
MH CET Law 2021 Syllabus
For BA LLB (5 Year Program) – Total 150 Marks
- The conducting body specifies MH CET Law syllabus each year.
- The syllabus for both the programs remains almost the same.
- No change in the syllabus of MH CET Law has been notified as yet.
The topics covered for the exam are as mentioned below:
Legal Aptitude and Legal Reasoning (40 marks)
- In this section, the problem-solving ability and candidate’s interest in the study of law will be checked.
- The questions will be based on legal prepositions and sets of facts.
- Test takers are required to assume the truth of these prepositions and answer accordingly.
Logical and Analytical Reasoning (40 marks)
- The questions in this section will be based on wide analogies, completing arguments, drawing well-supported conclusions, reasoning by analogy, applying rules, etc.
- Also, this section will test the candidate’s ability to understand the structure, relationship and drawing logical conclusions about structures
GK and Current Affairs (30 marks)
- For the current affairs section, aspirants are required to follow the current events in politics, economy, education, etc.
- To prepare for the GK section, candidates can study topics such as History, Geography, General Science, Civics, etc.
English (30 marks)
Questions in this section test the candidate’s command over English language.
|Comprehension passages||Synonyms and Antonyms|
|Choosing correct words||Idioms and phrases|
|Jumble words and sentences||Fill in the blank|
|Spotting errors||spelling mistakes|
Mathematical Aptitude (10 marks)
- In this section, a candidate’s aptitude for elementary Mathematics is tested.
- To prepare for this section, aspirants can revise the syllabus of Class 10.
|Speed and Distance||Venn Diagram|
|Profit and Loss||Average|
|Time and Work||Algebra|
Note – For a 5-year LLB Course, candidates will have to prepare and attempt questions from Basic Mathematics as well. Various sub-topics covered under all the above-mentioned topics.
MH CET LAW 2021 is conducted for 5-year LLB and 3-year LLB Program. Students writing the exam for a 5-year LLB program must have passed 10+2 or equivalent from any recognized board with a minimum of 45% (40% for reserved categories). Aspirants appearing for 3-year LLB Program through MH CET LAW must have graduated from any recognized university or college with a minimum of 45% (40% for reserved categories).
Yes. You can appear in MH CET LAW for a 3-Year LLB Program. However, you should have completed your graduation by the time of admission.
No. If you fail to submit valid documents approved by the concerned authority, you MH CET LAW 2021 Application Form will be considered under the general category. It is highly recommended that you fill MH CET 2021 Application Form with the utmost attention to avoid any such errors.
No. There is no MH CET LAW Form Correction window made available to registered students by MAHACET.
Exam Pattern for CET LAW 2021 5-Year and 3-Year LLB Program is similar in many terms. The exams are conducted for a total of 150 marks divided equally among 150 questions.