About IHM AURANGABAD
Institute of Hotel Management (IHM), Aurangabad or IHM-A conducts a profiling test, group discussion and interview round to shortlist aspirants for admission in courses offered at the hospitality institute. Although the admission process is not referred by any specific name for ease of recollection it is called IHM Aurangabad entrance exam 2020. Candidates are informed that IHM Aurangabad 2020 admission dates have been declared.
To fill IHM Aurangabad Application Form 2021, candidates can go through the steps given below:
- Personal Details- Candidates have to choose their preferred course and test centres and then fill the personal details, such as name, nationality, email ID, phone number, mother tongue, state of domicile, date of birth, height, weight, address, pin code, city and state.
- Upload Documents- Now candidates have to upload their photo and signature. The image size should be 144×173 while for the signature it should be 250×60.
- Family Details- In this part of IHM Aurangabad application form 2021, candidates have to mention their mother’s, father’s and sibling’s name, along with their age and occupation. They also have to mention their address, pin code, city and state.
- Other Details- Students have to mention the IHM Aurangabad 2021 application form about the languages they know to read, write and speak.
- Educational Details- Candidates have to enter details about their 10th and 12th board, such as school/college name, year of passing, marks and major subjects.
- Employment History and Extra Curricular Activities- Aspirants have to give details if they were employed anywhere or enrolled themselves in any extra curricular activities. They can skip this part if they don’t have any.
- References- In this section of the application form of IHM Aurangabad 2021 candidates have to give two references who should not be their relatives. They have to enter their name, occupation, designation , how long known, and address.
- Declaration from parent or guardian- Towards the end of the IHM application form 2021, parents have to declare that the details given in the application form is correct and they are ready to pay the fee on time. Name of the parent, date, place and address are to be mentioned here.
- Submit- Finally, click the submit button after ticking ‘I am not a robot.’
- Fee Payment-After clicking the submit button, students will be redirected to a page where they have to make the online payment of Rs. 1500.
- Print out of the Acknowledged Page– Finally, candidates will have to take printout of their acknowledgement page and keep it safely for the future use.
Step-1: Registration and Online profile assessment test (OPAT).
Interested candidates should visit to fill up the registration form. On successful completion of the registration process and payment, electronic profiling assessment test link will be sent to the registered email address. Candidate should click on the test link, complete the test and then read through the assessment report.
Short listed candidates should carry hard copy of the assessment report for verification, if called for further processes.
Step 2: Writing Statement of Purpose (SOP)
Statement of Purpose and Group Discussion together carry a weightage of 30% in the admission process. Statement of purpose should be written in 1500 words,describing how IHM-A would play an important role in shaping his/her future by creating a vibrant personality and help him/her to succeed in the hospitality world.
Step -3: Personal Interview & Group Discussion
Personal Interview will assess the candidate’s talent in the following areas:
- Communication Skills
- Analytical Skills
- General Awareness
- Service Orientation
- Personality Factors
Personal interviews will be conducted at any of these locations at a Taj Group Hotel in New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai and at the Institute in Aurangabad.
No of seats/vacancies
120 (85% seats are reserved for Delhi candidates)
- Candidate should have completed Std. XII (10+2) or equivalent examination in any stream with English as the medium of instruction.
- Candidates who have appeared for the board exams in the current year and are awaiting results you can also apply. Such candidates will be admitted to IHM-A only if they successfully qualify in the Board Examination.
Exam Syllabus and Pattern
The IHM Aurangabad entrance test exam pattern 2021 is simple. After registering online, you have to appear for an online profiling test. After registration, electronic profiling test is sent to your email address in which you need to click and attempt the test. An assessment report will be created which will reflect your score.
IHM Aurangabad entrance exam is conducted to offer admission in undergraduate course, such as BA (Hons) Hotel Management and BA (Hons) Culinary Art.
The application fee of IHM Aurangabad form is Rs. 1500.
IHM Aurangabad entrance test will be held in June 2021 in online mode.
After clearing the test, candidates have to appear for rounds namely- group discussion, writing a statement of purpose and personal interview.
The weightage that is given to Group Discussion and Personal Interview is 30% and 50% respectively.